A Purple Surfing Monkey
If you like clay pots then this craft is a great one. This surfing monkey is so adorable. It makes for a great kids craft or a gift. The little monkey tail makes me smile.
- DecoArt Products Required
- Patio Paint
- DCP14 - Cloud White
- DCP21 - Wrought Iron Black
- DCP28 - Fiesta Yellow
- DCP29 - Petunia Purple
- DCP58 - Azalea
- DCP63 - Blue Bahama
- #0 liner brush
- #8 flat brush
- Sponge brush
- Two purple chenille stems
- Purple foam sheet
- Water container
- Palette or plastic plate
- Paper towels
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks or thick craft glue
- Purple feather boa
- Craft knife
- Sandpaper with sanding block
- Two clay pots
- 4" x 9" Styrofoam sheet
Note: Let dry between steps.
- Use sponge brush Petunia Purple to paint pots.
- Use craft knife to trim Styrofoam piece to form surfboard. (Adult assistance required.)
- Use sandpaper to round out edges of Styrofoam.
- Paint surfboard Blue Bahama.
- Mix a little Cloud White into Petunia Purple and paint monkey's muzzle.
- Use liner brush and Wrought Iron Black to paint eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Use brush handle and Cloud White to dot highlights on eyes.
- Position and adhere head and tail on body, and ears and boa "hair" on head.
- Twist second chenille stem around neck for arms.
- Use brush handle end and Azalea to dot flowers on surfboard. Dot flower centers with Fiesta Yellow.
- Position and adhere monkey on surfboard.
Read NextPaint Pour Rainbow Rocks