How to Clean the Inside of a Gourd
In this video from Bernadette Fox you'll learn even more about how to clean gourds. You'll discover how easy it is to clean the inside of a gourd so that you can make fabulous gourd crafts.
- Dust mask
- Keyhole saw, reciprocating saw, or rotary tool
- Melon baller or leather scraper
- Sand paper
- Put on safety gear! Dust mask and goggles are a must. An apron, gloves, and an open window or fan are also good ideas.
- Open gourd with keyhole saw, reciprocating saw (at medium to low speed), or a rotary tool with a cutting bur.
- Use an old melon baller, leather scraper, or similar tool to get the seeds and large pieces of dried membrane out.
- Use rough sand paper to scrape out the remainder of the dried membrane.
- Take high grit sandpaper to smooth out the gourd. You're done!
Read NextDiy Sock Doll