We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Emma Hardy is a stylist and designer who has worked on various lifestyle and interiors magazine, including Country Homes and Interiors and Marie Claire. Her previous books include Green Crafts for Children, Making Children’s Clothes, Quilting in No Time and Sewing in No Time, all published by CICO Books. Married with two daughters, Emma lives in south London.
Emma's Newest Book:
Sewing for Children: 35 Step-by-Step Projects to Help Kids Aged 3 and Up Learn to Sew
Available to purchase at CICO Books
Sewing is fun, simple and inexpensive, so why not share this great activity with your kids? These 35 projects are specifically designed to help children learn to sew. You’ll be guided through each project step-by-step, helping little ones learn and have fun at the same time.
First-timers will find a whole variety of intriguing projects, including an animal mask suitable for tiny tailors and a drawstring bag for older kids. And once the basics have been mastered, a whole new world of creativity will be unlocked. Sewing is also a great way to make use of scraps of fabric lying around the house – old t-shirts can be transformed into toys, felt into cupcakes, and the list goes on.
Five chapters are packed with great ideas to get kids crafting. Beginning with Animals and Other Creatures, start stitching puppets, rabbits and other felt animals right away, plus quirky sock monsters to delight and surprise. There are Fairies and Dolls to make, plus all the items needed to throw the perfect tea party for toys. Every child loves Fancy Dress – sew a pirate hat and eye patch or a pretty dress that any princess will love to wear. Fashion Fun provides projects for little darlings who love to strike a pose. Jazz up jeans with appliqué decorations or sew some sequins on to a favorite t-shirt to give it a touch of glamour. Finally, the Bags, Books and Bedroom Bits and Pieces section has totes, pencil cases, book covers and bean bags that can be made in just an afternoon.
Projects at FaveCrafts
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Crochet Pumpkin Patch Bear
- Hanukkah Gift Envelopes
- Easy New Year's Eve Poppers
- Angled Mesh Crochet Scarf
- Candy Corn Crochet Door Basket
- Giant Crochet Cable Pillow
- Crochet Spiderwebs Table Runner
- Crochet Candy Corn Earrings
- Crochet Business Card Holders
- Crochet Halloween Wreath
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home