Tank Top Style Transformation
Learn how to turn blah shirts into cute embellished tops with this Tank Top Style Transformation tutorial from Consumer Crafts. In about two hours you can make tank tops that really pop with color and design simply by adding a few accent pieces. There's no easier way to give your wardrobe a makeover than by doing this simple tank top refashion craft!
- Clover Yo-Yo makers in small, medium, and large
- Sewing supplies: Needle, thread, scissors
- Fabri Tac fabric adhesive
- tank top or tee shirt from your closet
- 1/4 yard of coordinating fabric (I had a batik print on hand)
- coordinating 1/4 inch ribbon
- Viva Decor Pearl Pen in Cream
- Make yo yos in all three sizes. You can use as many as you like to suit your design. Lay out your design on top of the tank and play with it until you find an arrangment that you like.
- Glue the yo-yo’s to the tank by adding a dab of Fabri-Tac to the back of the yo-yo’s, adding in bits of ribbon to make a free-flowing look.
- To kick it up a notch, you can use a Viva Decor Pearl Pen to add the stamen to the center of the yo-yo flowers, and then add some “pearls” around the fabric embellishments.
- Let this dry for 24 hours for the paint & glue to dry.
- You can machine wash your tank (no dry cleaning) after the paint and glue is fully dry!