Easy Breezy Skirt
This Easy Breezy Skirt is great for all kinds of fabrics. Stretch knits work best, but you can use whatever fabric you'd like for this casual skirt! Patterns are easy to follow and include step by step photos.
- Knit fabric - 45" wide (1-1/4 yard)
- Sewing machine
Given Measurements (alter as necessary):
- Waist/hip: 32"
- Length: 21"
- Take your waist/hip (depends on where you want the skirt to stay) measurement. Let it be X (for us it was 32").
- Cut 6 pieces of fabric. For each piece, the top part should be X/6 + 1/2" (for seam allowance). Bottom should be 2*(X/6) + 1/4 + 1/4" (seam allowance on both sides).
- Cut another piece for band. If you're using stretch fabric, cut waist band: 4" + 1/2" width by length (just make it few inches shorter than your waist size depending on the stretch of the fabric). If you're using non stretch fabric: cut 4" + 1/2" wide * X +1/2" length for waist band.
- Now sew the 6 pieces together with right side facing in. Also once you are done with sewing the 6 pieces together, just check to see if the measurement on top of the skirt that is formed now is X" long.
- Next sew along the waist band and hem the bottom.
- This is yoga-style waistband. You do not need any elastic or a zipper.
- To cut a piece of fabric that fits your waist, subtract few inches from your actual waist measurement. Wrap the knit around your waist if you are not sure how well it fits. For very stretchy fabric, you have to subtract around 5-6 inches from your actual waist measurement.
Read NextDollar Store Petal Skirt