Summer Tie Dye Outfit
Wear some warm summer colors with this little outfit from I Love to Create for your little one. Sewing this plaid fabric will make such a great wardrobe for those warm summer months.
- Tulip® One-Step Tie-Dye Kits™
- Good Vibrations
- Pattern – NewLook – #6906
- Plaid Fabric #2004521 – or any all cotton fabric
- Sewing machine
- Sewing needle with thread to match
- Ribbon – pink – ½” wide – 1 yard
- Sewing pins
- Notions – per pattern
- Plastic tablecloth
- Sew outfit following pattern instructions.
- Bandana – measure and cut a 10” by 20” triangle from fabric. Sew a ¼” hem around entire bandana.
- Wash outfit and bandana in washer to remove sizing. Cover work surface with plastic tablecloth.
- Place damp pieces on plastic and smooth flat. Place hand on right side of dress then pull up fabric about 3”. Tightly wrap rubber band around fabric, then pull up an additional 4” and wrap another rubber band around the base of this section. Pull up another 4” and repeat, for a total of three rubber-banded sections on dress. Add rubber band around elastic on each pant leg then two more about 3” apart. Find center on long edge of bandana and pinch together. Add rubber band about 3” in then add one more about 2” from first.
- Wearing gloves from dye box, fill dye bottles with water to line indicated. Shake each until thoroughly mixed.
- Carefully squeeze Purple on first section of dress, pants and bandana. Add Red to next section then Fuchsia to last.
- Let dyed fabric sit for 4 to 6 hours. Use scissors to carefully cut off rubber bands. Wash pieces in washer with small amount of laundry soap then dry in dryer. Iron smooth.
- Cut ribbon in half then use needle and matching thread to sew one end of ribbon to each end on bandana
Read NextAsymmetrical Autumn Poncho