From Sweaters Come Great Leg Warmers
Leg warmers and faux boot tops are trendy, but can be expensive. Fear not, they can be crafted from a sweater found at home.
- Old sweater
- Take an old sweater (this is the leftover sweater from my golf on the go) and unpick the seam around the arm. This is very important: DO NOT CUT IT. Sweaters are sewn so that the edges do not come undone if taken apart. So if you unpick it the sweater won't unravel and the edge is already finished for you! Take your time and do it!
- Here you have it: two sleeves--well, one in the picture.
- Turn it inside out and lay it flat.
- Starting at the opening, for your hand, stitch a line so that the sleeve is straight. After you stitch, cut it and then go back and stitch the edge with a zig-zag stitch.
- Turn it inside out and slip it on. You put the part your hand come out of on first. The bigger end now goes over your shoe.
- You can wear it up straight, scrunch it down, or even fold over the top a little.
The possibilities are endless. And they look great with heels, flats, and your tennis shoes.
Read NextFunky Button Tank