Whimsical Paper Christmas Tree
Decorating your mantel for Christmas has never been so easy. This Whimsical Paper Christmas Tree from Lifestyle Crafts will spruce up any decor and is so easy to make. Create trees of all different sizes for a stunning holiday display! One of the best things about this Christmas craft idea is that is easily made out of any scrap paper you have around the house. Because it uses so many pieces, you do not necessarily need papers that match.
Combining multiple pieces and prints produces an eclectic look that would look stunning in just about any room. Plus, if you are looking for recycled Christmas craft ideas, you could easily make these Christmas tree crafts out of old Christmas cards, magazines, or thicker pieces of wrapping paper.
Find even more Christmas craft ideas in your collection of 123 Easy Christmas House Crafts.
- Variety of Christmas Nesting Scallops
- Cardboard base
- Kebab skewer
- Cut a cardboard base slightly smaller than your largest scallop.
- Poke a kebab skewer through the center of the base, and secure with glue.
- Cut 3 of each size of scallop in coordinating scrapbook paper (use a heavier weight paper).
- Put a small hole in the center of each scallop.
- Put a dab of glue on the hole before you load them onto your skewer from largest to smallest one at a time- leave a small space between each one.
- Once you reach the top, use stars from the Basic Cupcake Liner collection glued back to back to cover the tip of the skewer. You could also use a Nesting Star die or Star die.
- To make larger or smaller trees, just cut more or less scallops. I also inked the edges of my scallops.
Find more free Christmas craft ideas and more in our downloadable collection of 7 DIY Christmas Gifts: Handmade Gift Ideas You'll Love.