Polar Charm Candle Cozy
Create this shimmery craft with string and be amazed as it makes your candles look even lovelier than before. Let this Polar Charm Candle Cozy inspire you this holiday season as it fills the home with a warm glow. You will be pleased with the result of the craft project, especially when you realize how much money it saved you. When the weather gets too chilly to play outside, bring the children inside and have them help turn this kids crafts idea into a warm, fuzzy memory.
Primary TechniqueGeneral Crafts
- Crafty Chica™ Chunky Glitters™
- Rockabilly Ruby
- Collage Pauge Instant Decoupage™
- Tulip® Glam-It-Up!™ Iron-On Crystals™
- 23078 300 Multi-color Pack
- Aleene’s® Fabric Stiffener & Draping Liquid
- Glass candle cup
- Plastic wrap
- Plastic gloves
- Plastic tablecloth
- Embroidery thread – red – 3 packages
- Flat brush
- Paper plates
- Cover work surface with plastic tablecloth. Wrap the candle cup with plastic wrap.
- Wrap embroidery thread around entire cup, including around the bottom and over the top.
- Pour a large puddle of Aleene’s® Fabric Stiffener and Draping Liquid onto paper plate. Wearing plastic gloves, use flat brush to brush a thick coat of Fabric Stiffener over entire cup, making sure to completely saturate embroidery thread. Let dry for 24 hours.
- Once dry, cut away the top portion of embroidery thread stretching over cup and slide the stiffened embroidery thread away from cup. Snip away excess thread.
- Working on a covered surface, pour a puddle of Collage Pauge onto a clean paper plate. Working in sections, use flat brush to brush a coat of Collage Pauge onto stiffened embroidery thread and immediately pour Rockabilly Ruby glitter over it. Let dry, then shake off excess glitter.
- Dab back end of brush into Collage Pauge and dab onto holder. Press desired color of crystal into place on glue. Repeat, adding crystals all over holder. Let dry.
- Place glass candle cup into holder and enjoy!