Alaska White Winter Votives
This is a great Christmas craft idea that will keep your hands occupied this holiday season. For a dramatically transformative Christmas decoration, create a few Alaska White Winter Votives. With a few dainty paper snowflakes, your home can be transformed into a Christmas wonderland. A bit of whiteness can really freshen up the home, which is why winter craft projects are so beautiful to have in your favorite rooms of the house. These snowflake-inspired Alaska White Winter Votes are just what you need this Christmas season.
- 1 sheet of lasercut scrapbook paper
- Mod Podge Matte
- Food coloring
- Small bowl
- Paint brush
- Sponge brush
- Waxed paper
- Glass jar candles
- Lay out your scrapbooking paper on some waxed paper. Mix a few drops of food coloring and some water and paint it onto your paper to dye it.
- After the paper has dried, cut the sheet in half. Wrap your paper around one of the candles to see how long your wrap needs to be. There should be enough paper so that it overlaps just a little when held tightly around the candle.
- Paint a generous layer of Mod Podge onto the candle jar.
- Stick/wrap your paper tightly around the candle. Where there’s paper overlap, add a little Mod Podge to make it stick. While the Mod Podge is still wet, you can carefully slide the paper into place if it needs adjustment to fit snugly on the candle.
- Once the wrap is all in place, paint another thick layer of Mod Podge over the top of the wrap. Let dry completely before use.