Mesh Christmas Wreath
Welcome friends and family into your home with this festive and fun Mesh Christmas Wreath. This homemade Christmas wreath is an easy-to-make holiday decorating idea that won't burst your budget. Embellished with beautiful bows and colorful ornaments, this homemade holiday decoration is a great way to get your home in the holiday spirit. You could even add some little jingle bells to help ring in holiday cheer every time someone opens the door!
You can find this project, and many more, in our new eBook, Homemade Christmas Gifts: 14 Gift Ideas & DIY Home Decor! Download your own free copy today!
- 12" dia. wire wreath form
- 10 yard roll of 10" wide deco mesh
- 4 1/2 yards of 21/2" wide wire-edged ribbon
- 5 shatterproof ornaments
- Chenille stems to match
- To make the wreath, cut five 30" long ribbon lengths.
- To make the first ribbon bow, leave a 6" tail and gather a ribbon length; hold the gathered ribbon between your thumb and forefinger and twist the long tail.
- For the first loop, gather the ribbon again about 9" from the first gathered point. Bring the gathered points together and hold between your thumb and forefinger; twist the ribbon.
- For the second loop, gather the ribbon again about 9" from the gathered point you are holding. Bring the gathered points together and hold; twist the ribbon.
- Wrap a chenille stem around the gathered area of the bow. Make 5 ribbon bows.
- To make the mesh bows, work with the mesh on the roll; do not cut it until instructed to do so. Mark your work surface with tape pieces 12" apart. Leaving a 6" tail, gather the mesh end and hold the gathered point between your thumb and forefinger, keeping the gathers as straight as possible; twist the mesh.
- For the first loop, measure 12" and gather the mesh, keeping the gathers as straight as possible.
- Bring the gathers together and hold between your thumb and forefinger; twist the mesh.
- For the second loop, measure 12" and gather the mesh. Bring the gathers together and hold between your thumb and forefinger. Trim the mesh from the roll about 6" from gathered area; twist the mesh. Wrap a chenille stem around the gathered area of the mesh bow. Make 5 mesh bows.
- To prepare each ornament, slide an ornament on a chenille stem; bend the chenille stem in half.
- To attach the bows and ornaments to the wreath, use the chenille stem to attach a mesh bow to the wire wreath form. Be sure the bow loops follow the shape of the wreath.
- Use the chenille stem to attach a ribbon bow over the mesh bow.
- Use the chenille stem to attach an ornament over the ribbon bow.
- Repeat Steps 11-13 to attach the remaining bows and ornaments.