Frilly Paper Trees
These Frilly Paper Trees from Lifestyle Crafts are a fun and unique Christmas decorations. Make one or three in whatever colors you'd like. Get the kids involved by having them glue on decorations. With this Christmas craft tutorial, you will learn how to construct Christmas tree crafts that can easily be displayed just about anywhere. Whether you want to create a whole forest of trees for your mantle or just want some simple Christmas craft ideas to adorn your workspace at the office, these Christmas paper craft ideas are sure to make an impression. Easily created to match any color scheme, you could even add some sparkle to this craft by dipping the little trees in glitter.
Find more Christmas craft ideas to love in our collection of How to Make Mini Christmas Trees: 15 Tabletop Trees.
- Cardstock (your choice of color)
- Fringe edge die from the Edge It Kit
- Nesting Star die
- Hot glue gun
- Cone form (Styrofoam or whatever your craft store has)
- Bead garland (purchase at craft or dollar store)
- Nesting Stars die
- Bone folder (or embossing tool)
- Using your fringe edge die, cut out several pieces using cardstock of your choice.
- Wrap the pieces around a cone form and curl them up. Be sure to use a heavy duty glue or a hot glue gun.
- Finish off the tree with some bead garland and a star on top (tutorial below). You can also use glitter spray to add some sparkle to your trees. For the base, you can use whatever you would like. We created a base with a large scallop and circle (cut with a digital cutting tool).
- Cut two matching sized stars from paper of your choosing, using Nesting Stars dies.
- Using a bone folder, or embossing tool, score the star from tip to center of inside point.
- Continue to score each point.
- Fold scored lines up, and towards inside of the star to create a three dimensional effect.
Check out more Christmas DIY crafts in our printable colleciton of 7 DIY Christmas Gifts: Handmade Ideas You'll Love eBook.
Read NextSnowflocked Christmas Tree