Baubles Christmas Tree
Showcase your collection of beautiful glass ornaments with this Baubles Christmas Tree. Great for displaying on your table top or on your mantel, this lovely DIY Christmas tree is a stunning and classic addition to your holiday decor. This is also a great tree for those living in small apartments and dorm rooms. It celebrates the colors and symbols of Christmas without taking up a ton of space!
- 12" x 12" x 12" STYROFOAM Brand Foam block
- 18" STYROFOAM Brand Foam Stak Tree
- Dark green acrylic paint
Glass ball ornaments, assorted matte and shiny colors:
- 1 3" ball
- 100 2-1/2" balls
- 15 1" balls
- 1" x 1/2 yd wire-edged ribbon in the color of choice
- 1/8" wide ribbon in assorted satin and metallic colors
- Coordinating gift wrap, several different colors/patterns
- Serrated knife
- Candle stub or paraffin
- Fine-line black permanent marker
- Medium flat paintbrush
- Disposable palette
- Water basin
- Paper towels
- Transparent tape
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Thick, white craft glue
Follow manufacturer's instructions to assemble foam tree. Paint tree dk. green; let dry.
Cut several 1-1/2" squares from 1/2"-thick foam block. Wrap blocks like little gifts; tie with ribbons. Set aside gifts.
Working from bottom up, glue 2-1/2" ornaments around tree in staggered, horizontal rows. Apply glue to upper side of each ornament near cap. Fill in spaces with smaller ornaments.
- Tie 1"-wide ribbon into bow around top of large ornament; glue ornament to top of tree. Glue packages to tree as desired.
Read NextDecorate A Christmas Crate