Starburst Tree Silver Centerpiece
This Starburst Silver Centerpiece makes a wonderful addition to your holiday decor. In 4 easy steps, you can create this lovely mini tree that's great for decorating your holiday table or mantel. The great thing about this stunning mini tree is that you can even have it out on display throughout the winter. Great for Christmas as well as New Year's eve, this tiny topiary is sure to add plenty of jazz and sparkle to your holiday decor.
- 17-20 (1 1/2") STYROFOAM* Brand Balls
- Glitter spray, silver (read label to be sure it's foam-safe)
- Toothpicks, 50 per ball
- Curling ribbon, silver
- Spray paint, silver (read label to be sure it's foam-safe)
- Star garland, silver
- Miniature glass ornaments, 12 - 14
- Thick, white craft glue
To make starburst ornaments, dip one end of each toothpick in glue and insert 3/8" - 1/2" deep into foam ball; you'll need approximately 50 toothpicks per ball.
Spray paint starbursts silver; let dry. Spray starbursts with glitter spray.
Arrange eight starbursts in a circle; arrange five starbursts in second layer, pressing toothpicks gently into the first layer for stability. Repeat, adding three starbursts for the third layer. Top tree with single starburst. (Depending on the size of your starbursts, and the size tree you'd like, you may choose to add additional starbursts.)
- Decorate tree: loosely wrap star garland around tree; curl strands of curling ribbon and place on tree; hang mini glass ornaments from toothpicks.