Bridal Handbag Centerpiece Pair
Fashion meets function for your next floral-inspired event -- bridal shower, Mother's Day brunch, or best friend's surprise birthday party. Now, if only there were matching shoes!
- STYROFOAM™Brand Foam:
- Disc, 10" x 2"
- Tissue paper, one sheet each: lavender/cream wedding-themed; white; silver
- Artificial florals: cream roses, six; rosemary stems, eight
- Ribbon, 2 yds. each: 1/2" lavender; 3/4" white; 1/8" metallic silver
- Clear/silver crystal bead garland, 2-5/6 yds.
- Silver craft wire, 20-gauge x 1 yd.
- Floral pins
- Serrated knife
- Candle stub or paraffin
- Small disposable bowl and spoon
- Waxed paper
- Floral shears
- Wire cutters
- Needlenose pliers
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Thick, white craft glue
- Optional: disposable gloves; hair dryer
- Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Cut foam disc in half. Rub cut edges together to smooth rough surfaces.
- Tear tissue paper sheets into uneven 4"-6" pieces. Mix one part white glue with two parts water in small bowl, filling bowl about halfway; stir with spoon. If desired, put on rubber gloves.
- Dip white tissue pieces one at a time into water/glue mixture and smooth onto sides and edges of first foam disc half, allowing pieces to overlap. Repeat with silver tissue on second foam disc half.
- Dip wedding-themed tissue pieces into mixture and smooth onto sides and edges of both foam pieces. Place disc halves on waxed paper to dry overnight; if desired, speed drying with hair dryer.
- Cut two 17" lengths from wire and four 20" lengths from bead garland. Carefully tie or glue cut garland ends together. Wrap two garland pieces around each wire length and shape into handle. Use glue gun to glue handle ends into top of each handbag as shown.
- Cut four 17" lengths from each ribbon color. Tie one length around bottom of each handle on both bags. Trim ribbon ends in a "v."
- Trim rose stems with floral shears. Use glue gun to attach three roses to center top of each bag under handle.
- Cut four 3" and two 5" pieces lengths from bead garland; tie or glue cut ends together. Use glue gun to attach garland lengths to bags under roses, forming loops. Secure loops with floral pins dipped in glue if needed.
- Trim rosemary stems and glue two under roses on each side of both bags.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.