We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
By Jenny Doh
Gifted by Quarry Books
Reviewed by Melissa Conner
I come from a family of educators, so I know how important teachers are. Whether you teach gym or calculus, having the ability to captivate young children is quite a gift…and a privilege.
For the fourteen artists profiled in Creative Pilgrimage, teaching is their life. They participate in various retreats and venues, teaching young minds how to think outside the box…and then decoupage it!
In this book, you’ll read about the unique stories of these artists, from building their name from the ground up, to offering helpful suggestions to find your own niche and success. Interspersed throughout these inspiring stories are profiles of 8 of the biggest creative gatherings in the United States, including Artfest, Silver Bella, and more.
I loved reading through the profiles of the artists in Creative Pilgrimage. By the end I felt like I had made new friends, and I closed the book inspired to go create something, to rearrange my space to better suit my needs, and to let nothing stand in the way of creative inspiration.
Each artist profiled in Creative Pilgrimage was also kind enough to offer a project or two, many of which involve unique mixed media methods of mixing paper and fabric, paint and photographs, and other odds and ends you can probably find around your house.
And after reading about the Squam Art Workshop in New Hampshire, let me just say that I may have found another reason to head out east soon! This retreat is creativity at its best. It is “a place for people to gather and indulge in the fun of being creative without judgement. The mission of SAW is to promote love, light, and the exhilaration of creativity.” This would be a beautiful journey for craft designers of all mediums!
All in all, Creative Pilgrimage is a place to go when you need a little creative inspiration. When you need reassurance that all craft designers, from the humble blogger to the high end designers, are on a journey to make, discover, and create.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Jessica Palmer's Tangle Magic, Tangle Bay and Tangle Wood Coloring Books Review
- Fabric Flowers
- A Beginner's Guide to Chalk Painting
- Paracord Outdoor Gear Projects
- Silhouette Style
- Top Down Sweaters
- Cute as a Button Quilts
- Needle Felting from Basics to Bears Review
- Bouffants and Broken Hearts Adult Coloring Book Review
- Ready, Set, Scrap
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home