Light and Breezy Bath Salts Vase
Decorate your bathroom with this light and breezy bath salts vase.
- AMACO® WireForm® Aluminum Armature Wire, 1/16" diameter (Item No. 50117E)—26"
- AMACO® Fun Wire™, 24 gauge Clear Silver (Item No. 15035R)
- Rolled Lip Vase (Item No. 3194), by Syndicate Sales, Inc.
- Glass, Metal and More™ Premium Permanent Glue by Beacon Chemical Co.
- Small Glass Beads, assorted colors and sizes
- One Glass Gem
- Round Nose Jewelry Pliers
- Punch Board
- Bath Salts or Floral Arrangement of Choice (optional)
Note: for best results, hammer wire on a smooth concrete surface such as a garage floor or sidewalk. If unavailable, place onto punch board to hammer flat.
DO NOT hammer armature modeling wire at overlap points as this may cause it to break. To hammer these portions simply shift wire slightly to the side, hammer, then return to
- Bend armature wire to create bow shape referring to photo and diagram as a guide (see figure 1). Place bow onto solid surface and hammer wire flat.
- Cut three or more 12-14" lengths of 24 gauge Clear Silver Fun Wire™. Starting at one “tail” end of bow, begin wrapping the hammered armature wire with the cut pieces of Fun Wire™. Manipulate the Fun Wire™ into curls, loops and zigzags with jewelry pliers, slipping on an occasional bead as you work your way around the bow. Finish at opposite “tail” end.
- Cut a 36" length of Fun Wire™. Fold in half and insert center of bow into fold. Wrap wire around center 2-3 times to hold the hammered wire together. Do not cut Fun Wire™. Glue glass gem to center and lay flat until glue is set (3-4 hours).
- Wrap remaining length of Fun Wire™ from bow center around top rim of vase to hold bow firmly in place. Twist ends together to secure, cut excess, then fold twisted portion of wire flat. Fill with bath salts or floral arrangement.
Read NextBath Salts for Cold and Sinus