Homemade Grits and Honey Scrub in a Jar
This honey scrub is not only nice during and after a hot bath, but it makes for a nice Christmas gift as well. All you need is some honey, grits or cornmeal, almond oil and a few other materials. It smells great too.
- 1 Vitamin E capsule opened and mixed in (can be purchased from all good health food stores)
- 1 tsp organic Sweet Almond Oil (or more if you like. You could also substitute for organic Olive Oil if you don't have Sweet Almond Oil on hand)
- ½ cup organic Honey
- ¼ cup Grits or medium Ground Cornmeal (can replace with oatmeal for less exfoliation)
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Apply in circular motions to damp skin to gentle exfoliate. Can be used on both face and body.
- Keep any left over in fridge to ensure freshness as there are no preservatives added.
To learn more about HollyBeth and her crafts, check out her site at www.hollybeth.net