"Bath" Wall Art
Splash a little whimsy around the powder room with this easy, artful display from FloraCraft. Foam letters make a great base for fun techniques like painting and decoupage.
- STYROFOAM Brand Foam:
- Alphabet Soup Letters (FloraCraft®), 6" x 1": B, A, T, H
- Block, 12" x 10" x 1"
- Smooth Finish™ Paint for STYROFOAM: white
- Acrylic paint: light tan
- Antique-finish decoupage medium
- Metallic gold paint pen
- Scrapbooking paper with "labels" motif, one sheet, or label assortment
- Iridescent round beads, 3mm, one package
- Serrated knife
- Candle stub or paraffin
- Fine-line black permanent marker
- Medium flat paintbrush
- Disposable palette
- Water basin
- Paper towels
- Embellishing glue for beads
- Double-sided or hook-and-loop tape, or small nails
- Trace bathtub pattern onto foam block. Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin and cut out tub. Sand rough edges with scrap foam.
- Follow manufacturer's instructions to apply two coats Smooth Finish Paint to tub and foam letters; let dry. Dry brush tub and letter edges with light tan; let dry. Note: To dry brush, dip very tips of paintbrush bristles into paint, then remove excess paint onto paper towel before lightly "scrubbing" across foam surface.
- Using photo as a guide, cut out desired label motifs for letters. Follow manufacturer's instructions to apply labels to foam using decoupage medium; let dry.
- Use gold paint pen to color tub feet and to write "5¢" on tub side; dot each letter end with two gold "rivets."
- Glue beads to top tub rim to look like soap bubbles. Let dry completely.
- Attach foam shapes to tile using double-sided or hook-and-loop tape; for other surfaces, press shapes onto small nails to hang.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow.
For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.