School Spirit Scarf
Show off your school pride with this School Spirit Scarf. Embellish it with your favorite high school activity to show off your school spirit to all your friends. This is also a great team-building activity for teammates to all do together. Everyone can decorate and personalize their own scarf and wear it to parades and meets to help boost team spirit. Regardless of whether you're on the cheerleading team, the dance team, or you're a member of the choir or marching band, this scarf is a fun and stylish way to show off your pride.
- Tulip® ScreenIt™
- Tulip® One-Step Tie-Dye Kit®
- Tulip® Soft® Fabric Paint Tubes in Matte White (29379)
- Plastic tablecloth
- White scarf - 100% cotton
- Zip ties
- Computer and printer
- Machine wash scarf without fabric softener to remove sizing.
- Lay out plastic tablecloth over work surface.
- Lay out damp scarf on prepared work surface.
- Begin pleating scarf horizontally up to the fringed area on ends.
- Find center of scarf and tie two zip ties leaving approximately 4” space in center.
- Tie zip tie on both ends of scarf where fringe begins. On one side, add two more zip ties evenly spaced between outer zip tie and inner zip tie. Repeat on the other side. Tie zip ties very tightly.
- Wearing protective gloves from kit, prepare dyes as directed.
- Saturate Lime in the smaller spaces of scarf. Squeeze Orange in the spaces next to the Lime, then Fuchsia on the ends and in the centers.
- Cover dyed scarf with plastic tablecloth and let sit 6-8 hours.
- With zip ties still in place, rinse under cool water in sink until water runs clear. Machine wash as directed.
- Remove zip ties and dry in dryer. Press smooth.
- Select desired “Cheerleader” font and design and print out image in black ink.
- Follow directions from ScreenIt for burning image to screen.
- Once screen is ready to use, slip scarf onto the foam base of the ScreenIt machine. Position screen onto scarf and set in place.
- Using squeegee provided with ScreenIt, apply White paint as desired.
- Remove screen and wash screen immediately.
- Let scarf dry.
Read NextPainted Apple Mason Jar Craft