Simple Pumpkin Cupcake Toppers
Looking for a way to add a fun touch to a yummy treat? Celebrate fall by making adorable cupcake decorations! Simple Pumpkin Cupcake Toppers from Linda Peterson are so easy to make and add a touch of fun to your edible creations.
- Aleene’s Tacky Double-Stick Sheets (1)
- 3/4 or 1” circle punch
- Small flower punch (optional)
- Yellow, green and brown card stock
- Orange colored chalk ink
- Glitter glue (optional)
- Apply Tacky Sheet to the back of yellow, green and brown card stock.
- Punch out one yellow circle with the sticky back paper and one without.
- Cut a wavy line into bottom of each circle and a little notch out of top to form pumpkin shape.Cut one log from approximately 1/4” wide by 3/4” long for stem.Cut two teardrop shapes for leaves with scissors.
- Remove adhesive from back of pumpkin. Apply stem and tooth pick to center.
- Place remaining pumpkin shape over back. Highlight edges with chalk. Apply leaves to front where desired.Embellish with small punched flowers if desired.
- Add a drop of glitter glue to the center of each flower.
- Press toothpick end into cupcake.
For a comprehensive video tutorial of this project, check out How to Create a Paper Pumpkin Cupcake Topper.