Autumn Pearberry Wreath
You'll love this new technique: start by wrapping a sturdy foam wreath with different varieties of floral design tape and let the simple filler material be the main focus! This beautiful handmade wreath is so easy to make and will complete all your autumn decor.
- STYROFOAM Brand Foam:
- Balls, two each: 2"; 1-1/2"
- Wreath, 2" x 12"
- Metallic-finish spray paints: gold; copper
- Artificial burgundy/multi fruits: grape clusters, two; pears, two
- Artificial burgundy astilbe, two stems
- Five Medium pinecones
- Burgundy/gold cording, 3 yds.
- Craft wire: 24-gauge red; 22-gauge gold
- Any color chenille stem
- Wooden floral picks
- Floral U-pins
- Floral tape: dark green; light green; brown
- Wire cutters or Floral shears
- Serrated knife
- Candle stub or paraffin
- Paper towels
- Sea or household sponge
- Low temperature glue gun and glue sticks
- White, thick craft glue
- Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin; bevel foam wreath edges slightly. Wrap wreath with dk. green, then lt. green, then brown floral tape. Do not attempt to completely cover previous layers. Allow tape to twist and turn, creating texture.
- Wrap one 1-1/2" and one 2" foam ball with brown then dk. green tape. Wrap remaining 2" ball with dk. green, then lt. green, tape. Wrap remaining 1-1/2" ball with lt. green, then dk. green, tape.
- In well-ventilated area, follow manufacturer's instructions to spray one side of sponge with gold paint. Sponge paint onto wreath until desired effect is achieved. Repeat for one large and one small ball. Apply copper paint to remaining balls in same way. Let dry.
- Wrap one large and one small ball with red wire; glue and insert wire ends into balls to secure. Wrap remaining balls with gold wire; secure ends. Glue and insert wooden pick into each ball; let dry.
- Using photo as guide, attach center of cord length to inside center top of wreath with glue gun and floral pins; loops will be created later.
- Glue and insert ball picks into bottom of wreath as shown. Glue three pinecones around balls and two to top of wreath. Insert two pears at lower left. Insert greenery, astilbe and grapes into arrangement as shown.
- Cut four lengths from red wire; glue and insert two lengths into each side of wreath, allowing them to cascade down sides.
- Bend cord ends into two loops and secure to bottom of wreath with floral pins.
- Twist chenille stem ends together, forming hanging loop. Glue wire ends into top center back of wreath; secure with floral pins.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow.
For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.
See this project and more in 16 Decorative Front Door Wreaths for Fall.
Read NextAutumn Blessings Frame