Festive Die-Cut Twine Leaves
If you're looking for fall craft ideas, why not try these Festive Die-Cut Twine Leaves by Keri Lee Sereika? Choose twine in various shades of orange, yellow, brown and red for a warm autumn palette. Then use your die-cut leaves to embellish cards or even decorate the table for Thanksgiving.
- Twine in assorted colors
- Scor-Tape Sheets by Scor-Pal
- Nested Maple Leaves Die by Spellbinders (or die of your choice) & die cut machine
- Scrap cardstock
- Cut the Scor-Tape just larger than needed for your die cut. Cut scrap cardstock just longer on one end. Here I have cut a piece 2.5" x 3.0", then cut the cardstock just .25" longer, 2.5"x3.25". Adhere the Scor-Tape to the cardstock and remove the top piece to reveal the tape.
- Adhere the darkest color of twine on an angle almost in the center of the piece of tape-covered cardstock. Begin to wind it back and forth, pressing the twine firmly onto the adhesive as you go.
- Repeat step 2 with additional colors going lighter as you reach the edges of the adhesive-covered cardstock. Be sure your die will fit on the twine-covered piece.
- Run the piece through the die cut machine a few times, shimming if necessary to cut all the way through the twine-covered cardstock. GENTLY peel away die cut twine piece from die to reveal your custom embellishment!
- Use finished piece on a fun fall project!
Read NextRecycled Bedpost Pumpkins