After School Tray
Serve those after-school snacks on an extra-special tray, painted and decorated with scrapbook paper.
- Americana Brush DBF3008-B - Shader 8
- Americana Brush DBF2575-B - Flat 3/4"
- Multi-Purpose Sealer DS17 - Multi-Purpose Sealer
- DecoArt Americana Gloss Enamels DAG265 - Tuscan Red
- DecoArt Americana Gloss Enamels DAG201 - Primary Yellow
- DecoArt Americana Gloss Enamels DAG67 - Black
- Foam plate
- Aleene's Quick-Dry Tacky Glue
- Two 12" X 12" sheets school theme scrapbook papers (We used Provo Craft 42-5192, School Patchwork, and Black Gingham 14381 by Making Memories.)
- Hair dryer
- Unfinished wood tray: EHI EDH11914/LG
Cut scrapbook paper strips as desired to fit bottom of tray (10 1/2" x 13 3/4" area).
Use flat brush to paint inner sides of tray Primary Yellow; let dry.
With flat brush, paint outer sides of tray Tuscan Red and let dry.
Use shader brush and Black to paint top edges of tray and handle openings; let dry.
Spread thin, even coat of tacky glue on base of tray with flat brush. Attach strips of paper, smoothing out any wrinkles. Let glue dry.
- Apply thin coat of Multi-Purpose Sealer over paper with flat brush; use hair dryer to speed drying process. Apply two more coats of sealer, allowing to dry after each coat.
Remove all labels or tags from surfaces before painting.
- A hair dryer on low heat setting can be used to speed drying of glue and prevent wrinkling of paper.
Read NextSunflower Welcome Sign