DIY Burned Wood Kitchen Utensils
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Learn how to add some rustic yet stylish additions to your DIY kitchen décor with these wood craft ideas. The DIY Burned Wood Kitchen Utensils look like they come straight from a chic home décor boutique and are half the price. Learn how to make these patterned wooden spoons with a soldering iron in this super easy tutorial. They are so cute and would make the perfect wedding or house warming gift. All you need is a set of cheap wooden spoons or other wooden kitchen utensil and a soldering iron.
Primary TechniqueWood Crafts
- Cheap wooden utensils (i.e. spoons, rolling pin)
- Soldering iron (you can pick one up for $20 or so at a hardware store)
Find even more chic and trendy craft project ideas to adore in our collection of crafty DIY ideas that we think you should make ASAP. The ideas in 53 DIY Crafts Everyone Should Try are all pretty, easy, fabulous, and unique.
The first thing I did was brainstorm some patterns I would like to burn into my spoons. I doodled heaps of patterns and then settled on the top ones and the ones I thought would be reasonably simple to draw with the soldering iron.
The next and final step was burning my chosen patterns into the wooden spoons and rolling pin. Beware the soldering iron is extremely hot so be sure to hold it by the plastic handle! At first I found using it quite clumsy, but after a bit of practice and trying out all the different techniques I needed to achieve each pattern it soon became much easier. One tip I do have is if trying to do a straight line try rotating the spoon rather than the solder, that helped me a lot. Another tip would be to use one of the spoons as a testand practice drawing all the different patterns to find the best technique. And thats all there really is to it, so easy. Just go wild with patterns and have fun!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Easy DIY Christmas crafts, like this Crafty Coca Cola Advent Calendar from I Love to Create, are great holiday projects! Made from an… Continue reading: "Crafty Coca Cola Advent Calendar"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Easy Sewing Projects
- Small Quilt Tutorial
- Fabric Skull and Crossbones Wall Hanging
- Sewing Finishes
- Crossover Style Baby Bib Pattern
- Really Reasonable Ribbon Monthly Subscription
- Really Reasonable Ribbon
- QAYG Half moon Pouch
- Flower Door Hanging
- Squishy and Chunky Crochet Baby Blanket
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home