We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"How to make a Snowman with Smoothfoam Balls and Snowtex from DecoArts. Making a Snowman is pretty easy. All it takes is a little patience and time."
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Primary TechniqueMixed Media
- 2", 3" and 4" Smoothfoam Balls
- Deco Art Snowtex
- White and Orange Acrylic Paint
- Deco Art Craft Twinkles Paint
- palette knife
- paint brush
- 3" Black Felt Top Hat
- Strip of Gingham Fabric and a strip of grey felt
- small brads and holly embellishment
- craft knife
- craft glue
- bamboo skewers
Cut a small thin slice off the bottom of the 4" Smoothfoam ball so that it sits flat.
Cut a couple of 3" sections from the bamboo skewer. Stick the skewer into the center of the 2" and 3" Smoothfoam balls.
Add craft glue to the ends of the skewers before sticking the three balls together to form the snowman base. (Allow glue to fully dry before continuing to the next step)
Using a palette knife, smooth Snow-tex over Snowman base. Heres where the patience comes in Allow a couple of hours for the Snow-tex to completely dry.
Paint the entire Snowman base with white acrylic paint. This fills in and helps cover any area missed by the Snow-tex.
For a Frosty Lookpaint the Snowman base with Craft Twinkles Glitter Paint.
Cut a thin strip of grey felt and glue around the base of the hat to create a band. Glue holly embellishment onto band to cover seam. Glue to the top of the Snowman head.
Cut a strip of gingham fabric and tie around neck. Cut small slits into the ends of fabric for fringe.
Use two small black brads inserted into the head for the eyes. Use five micro black brads insert as the mouth.
Cut the pointed end from a bamboo skewer and paint with orange paint. Stick into head for the nose.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
This Rustic Coffee Filter Wreath is a beautiful home decor item for the fall. It's easy to make and looks great hanging by a mantel… Continue reading: "Rustic Coffee Filter Wreathvideocam"
- Winter Wonderland Candle Jars
- Baby It’s Cold Outside Shadowbox Wreath
- Christmas Gnome Wall Decor
- Recycled Plastic Bag Snowman Portrait
- How to Make a Snowflake Cupcake Topper
- Adorable Snowman Sock Craft
- Winter Penguin Toilet Paper Roll Craft
- Stunning Silver Holiday Decor
- Snowflake Mosaic Serving Tray
- 3D Paper Snowflakes
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Patchwork Sampler Bag
- Fall Inspired Chunky Blanket
- Crochet Candy Corn Amigurumi
- Polar Bear Sweater
- Fall Tissue Paper Suncatchers Craft
- Easy Coffee Filter Turkeys Thanksgiving Craft
- Pumpkin Size Sorting Printable Activity For Kindergarten
- Lacy Zigzag Scarf
- Attractive Wall Hanging From Paper
- Frame From Newspaper
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home