Blue and Green Polka Dot Wall Art
Using STYROFOAM materials you can create a fun polka dot wall art. In only four easy steps you can have it hanging in no time.
For more great wall decorating designs, check out 19 Cool Wall Art and Decor Ideas.
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- 1" x 12" x 36" sheet
- Three cloth napkins, 20" x 20"
- Serrated knife and old candle; or, dental floss
- Thick, white craft glue
- Sharp pencil
- Straight pins
- Three sawtooth picture hangers
- Using ruler and pencil, score foam sheet to create three, 12" x 12" squares. Wax serrated knife with an old candle. Holding foam sheet firmly on a flat surface, extend one end and cut across score line, using knife like a saw. Or, try dental floss: stand the sheet on its edge, and hold a 20" length of dental floss along the scored line, positioning one hand at the bottom of the board and the other at the top; draw the dental floss down through the foam sheet along the scored line.
- Spread white craft glue on foam square. Center napkin over square and glue in place; carefully smooth fabric over edges, folding fabric neatly at corners and pin or glue to the back of foam square. Trim excess fabric. Repeat with remaining napkins and foam squares.
- Glue sawtooth picture hanger to back. For additional hold, insert and glue two straight pins through holes in sawtooth picture hanger.
- Let dry before hanging.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.