3D Springtime Scene on Canvas
Visit Angie at The Country Chic Cottage.
Welcome warm weather into your home with this 3D Springtime Scene on Canvas. This piece of 3D DIY wall art is a beautiful addition to your home. Plus, this craft gives you an excuse to play with a variety of materials, including paint, yarn, tape, and more. This tutorial is full of mixed media wall art ideas that you can apply to other projects as well. For instance, the multidimensional element of this craft can easily be applied to other designs. In any case, this piece of wall art really stands out.
You can find this project, as well as many other fabulous blogger projects, in our new eBook, The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2014: Decoupage, Sewing, Jewelry Making, and More free eBook. Download your own free copy today!
- Darice Metallic Butterflies
- Duck Tape Prism tape
- Fiskars scissors
- Aleene's Tacky Glue
- Krylon Dual Paint/Primer (blue)
- Lion Brand BonBons
- Mod Podge
- Rit Dye (apple green)
- Sizzix flower die
- Polyform Sculpey roller
- Polyform Sculpey mat
- Polyform Sculpey knife
- Polyform Sculpey Premo! Accents (blue, white)
- iLovetoCreate Tulip Beads in a Bottle
- Scrapbook paper
- Spray a light coat of blue paint over entire canvas. Let dry.
- Using a paper towel, add green dye to bottom of canvas. Let dry.
- Make clouds with blue and white clay. Layer colors, then fold and flatten clay until you achieve swirl effect. Roll out flat and cut cloud-like patterns. Bake according to package instructions.
- Use BonBons to make pom poms of various sizes. Wrap yarn several times around a scrap piece of cardboard (the larger the cardboard the larger the pompom). Tie off wrapped yarn with a separate piece of yarn in opposite direction. Remove from cardboard and snip loops with scissors. Trim the pompom to desired size. Apply to canvas with tacky glue.
- Cut scrapbook paper into flower shapes with die cut. Use Mod Podge to adhere flowers to canvas. Try using different papers for petals and center of each flower. Take a second outer flower piece and apply Mod Podge to its center. Fold petals up to create 3D effect. Allow Mod Podge to dry completely. Place 3 dots in center of each flower with Beads in a Bottle.
- Use Beads in a Bottle to create stems and leaves. Let dry.
- Adhere metallic butterfly stickers to canvas.
- Wrap canvas edge with the tape to finish.