Create a lovely dahlia flower for an embellishment or brooch with Lutradur Mixed Media sheets. Lutradur sheets are a special kind of non-woven fabric. Give this dahlia as a Valentine's Day present or use on a gift box. You could even use this beautiful flower as a clothing adornment or hair accessory. Make a Lutradur Flower in all your favorite colors for a lovely centerpiece you can easily have on display all year long.
Find this pattern and many more in our new eBook, 41 Valentine's Day Crafts: Valentine's Day Cards, Gifts, and More!
- Lutradur Mixed Media Sheets – regular weight (70 gram)
- Scissors – plain, pinking and/or scalloped
- Small hole punch
- Large craft tweezers
- Heat gun
- Large decorative brad
- Glitter glue
- Desired colors of spray ink- TIP: Mix a few drops of one or two colors of Liquitex Acrylic ink with a few ounces of water in a travel spray bottle.
- Trace and cut from sheets of Lutradur: Four large 3-1/4″ circles; Two medium 2-3/4″ circles; Four small 2-1/2″ circles
Cut 3/8″ snips all around the diameter of the small and medium circles to create fringed edges.
Trim around the edges of the large circles with pinking or scalloped scissors.
Punch a small hole in the center of each circle.
Place 2 circles together, hold them firmly with a pair of large tweezers and quickly pass a heat gun near the edges to lightly melt the Lutradur all the way around. This will make the edges unpredictably curly and lacey.
Repeat with 2 more circles at a time, until you have melted the edges of all the circles.
Use a spray ink to add color to each circle, allow to dry.
Stack your circles on top of each other, with the smallest on top and the largest on the bottom.
Twist them around until you like how they nest together, then insert a large decorative brad through the holes in all the layers.
- Dab a little glitter glue on the edges.