Heart to Heart Brooch
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"This project was actually an experiment with the combination of wire and clay. I just wanted to see how difficult it was going to be for me. All I can say is it sure was a interesting experience, but all in all I had fun with it. I had a lot of fun creating this project. It is made up of copper wire, aluminum wire and clay. The rose was made with a Mod Podge mold. I cooked the clay before I wove the wire through it. I really made sure I went by the instructions on the clay package and made sure it was completely done before attempting the wire weave."
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteWeekend project
Bead Technique UsedChainmail/Wirework
- Red polymer clay
- Green polymer clay
- Silver polymer clay
- Red aluminum wire 18 gauge
- Beading wire 28 gauge
Took red and green clay and put in mold(red where the flower was, green where the leaves where) in the mold.
Took a 4 1/2 in (11 cent) red aluminum wire, used a glue stick to help shape a heart out with wire.
Once I shaped the heart, I took silver sculpey clay and filled in half the heart with clay put four holes where I am going to weave wire through.
Take red and green sculpey polymer clay and put the red clay in the rose mold where the flower petals will be. Set the green clay where the leaves are in the mold. Take out in one piece.
Cook clay like instruction asked to. In the oven I have it only had to cook from 7 to 10 minutes. Let clay cool.
Took a 4 in (10 cent) red aluminum wire, wove through clay in a spiral fashion.This way seemed to work for me nicely.
With another 4 in ( 10 cent) red aluminum wire make a swirl design and weave bead wire to connect both wire pieces together.
Add flower on wire heart and add Mod Podge shine gloss for the last step.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
New to the wonderful world of crochet? If so, you should definitely start with this Light Grey Easy Crochet Afghan Pattern. When… Continue reading: "Light Grey Easy Crochet Afghan Pattern"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Easy Sewing Projects
- Small Quilt Tutorial
- Fabric Skull and Crossbones Wall Hanging
- Sewing Finishes
- Crossover Style Baby Bib Pattern
- Really Reasonable Ribbon Monthly Subscription
- Really Reasonable Ribbon
- QAYG Half moon Pouch
- Flower Door Hanging
- Squishy and Chunky Crochet Baby Blanket
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home