Heart Lock and Key Earrings
Make and wear these stylish beaded earrings to a romantic meal or Valentine's Day celebration. These beaded earrings from Rings & Things also make for a quick Valentine's Day gift.
- 10 #37-113-2 4mm jump rings, yellow
- 8 #37-711-2 7/8” thin eye pins, yellow
- 1 pr #34-380-2 Lever-back French clips, yellow
- 2 #44-454-0 Heart lock charms, raw brass
- 2 #44-455-0 Key charms, raw brass
- 12 #05-301-03-175 3mm Swarovski® crystal bicones, rose water opal
- 12 #05-301-03-178 3mm Swarovski crystal bicones, light gray opal
- round-nose pliers
- cutting pliers
- flat-nose pliers
- Bead 6 eye pins in the following pattern: 1 gray crystal, 1 rose water opal crystal and another gray crystal. Bead 2 eye pins with 1 rose water opal crystal and 1 light gray opal crystal. Then, using round-nosed pliers, make a wrapped loop at the top of each pin.
- Open the basic loop on a 3-crystal pin and attach a key charm. Use a jump ring to attach the top loop to another 3-link crystal pin. From the top of this pin, attach 3 jump rings into a chain, leaving the last jump ring open.
TIP: When you open and close jump rings, twist sideways (as shown below). This keeps their shape better, which makes them easier to close all the way.