Cupid's Ribbon DIY Wreath
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"This is the heart-shaped dollar store wreath with pink and red curling ribbon added along with a red posterboard back. The curling ribbon was cut into 7"-8" pieces, curled and hot glued together in pairs of pink and red along the wreath. Longer curls were glued to the "v" shape to hang in the middle. The wreath was outlined onto the posterboard, then cut as needed so that the edges wouldn't show from the front. The wreath was then wired onto the posterboard on each side and at the tops of the heart with 4" pieces of wire twist-tied to hold."
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
- Dollar store Valentine heart wreath
- Curling ribbon in pink and red
- Red posterboard
- Glue gun
Cut curling ribbon into 7"-8" pieces.
Curl them from the middle to each end.
Hot glue the middle of a pink or red curled ribbon to the wreath.
Hot glue the opposite colored curled ribbon to the the glued curl to make an "X'.
Continue gluing pairs of ribbon around the wreath approximately every 2", skipping the top "V".
Cut 5 pink and 3 red ribbons about 12" each and curl the end of each.
Hot glue the long ribbons together, then hot glue to the top "V" to hang in the middle.
Use a pencil to outline the shape of the wreath onto the posterboard. Use scissors to cut it to fit behind the wreath, trimming it so the edges do not show from the front.
Use four 4" strips of wire to poke through the posterboard, around the wreath and twist-tie to hold (one on each side and one on each of the tops of the heart).
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Our knitting group was asked to try to think of a creative green use for plastic grocery bags thus, 'Plarn was born. Plarn, plastic… Continue reading: "How to Make Plarn, Plastic Bag Yarn Knit Tote Patternvideocam"
- Gorgeous Upcycled Jeans Heart Wreath
- Crochet Valentine Shawl
- Heart Felt Ornaments Tutorial
- 98 Heart Craft Ideas
- Valentine Chocolates
- 41 Valentine's Day Crafts: Valentine's Day Cards, Gifts, and More free eBook
- Lutradur Flower
- Macrame Heart Pendant
- Owl Always Love You DIY Valentine Card
- Button Heart Ornaments
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- The "any Size" Turban Hat
- Adjustable Crochet Bracelet
- Classic Vintage Bonnet
- Velvet Fur Hood
- Rose Bonnet
- Lavender Milk Bath
- Stuffed Mushrooms Earrings
- Rose Clay Melt And Pour Soap Recipe
- Floral Handbag
- How To Paint With Vinyl On Canvas
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home