Forged Foil Picture Frame
Get the look of forged foil by recycling ordinary aluminum foil with this project from Heidi Borchers of Inspired at Home. Create a beautiful picture frame to keep or give as a gift You can also use colored florist's foil for a different look.
- Wood or cardboard frame
- Aluminum foil
- Heavy cording, decorative braid or trim
- Wood decorative pieces
- Aleene’s® Fast Grab Tacky Glue®
- Black acrylic paint
- Rolling pin
- Paintbrush (one for glue, one for paint)
- Matte spray finish
- Determine placement of trim and decorative wood designs on frame corners and around opening. Glue in place. Let dry.
- Prepare and apply foil following techniques instructions. Apply antiquing. Let dry. Seal with matte spray finish.
Heidi’s Designer Tips: For a different look, try foiling with colored florist’s foil (without paper or plastic backing). Some of these foils come in beautiful colors and textures that enhance the look of your look of forged foil project.