Colorful Kitschy Pedestal
Clean out your junk drawer and use up those broken pieces of jewelry - it's time to get crafty! A Colorful Kitschy Pedestal from Candace Jedrowicz is a bright and fun way to show off your wacky personality. Easy creative crafts like this are perfect for expressing yourself.
- Letter beads
- Hot glue gun
- Item to decorate – I used a round wooden box
- Acrylic paint – I used black, orange and aqua
- Wooden balls for feet
- Pieces of broken jewelry, buttons, beads, pins, keys, small flowers, tiles, tiny toys, etc.
- Toothbrush (for removing hot glue gun threads)
- Prepare the box by painting and gluing on the feet. I glued the top onto my box for additional strength.
- Lay your words out first, draw a pencil line on the box to help you with placement of the letters. Glue on the feet.
- Begin adding your large pieces.
- Add increasingly smaller pieces until you have filled in as much as you want to. I left the top empty because it will be a pedestal.
- Remove hot glue threads by gently brushing with a tooth brush or other stiff brush.
For a comprehensive video tutorial of this project, check out How to Make a Kitschy Pedestal.