We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
When you're done gobbling your Thanksgiving dinner, you will surely need a DIY Crochet Turkey Dishcloth to help tidy up the mess. This Thanksgiving craft idea will help you make the most out of the holiday by creating a useful little friend to help with the dishes. Of course, don't be surprised if everyone starts fighting over who gets to be the "dish dryer." This fall craft idea is simply adorable and you will love using your DIY Crochet Turkey Dishcloth year after year.
By adding this charming dishcloth pattern to your Thanksgiving traditions, you can keep the celebration going all the way through the dish washing phase. Your family might have gobbled up the good at the table, but this scrubby buddy promises to gobble up the mess.
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Before you work up this gobble-worthy guy, check out our article on choosing the Best Yarn for Dishcloths to make sure he keeps on gobbling for a very long time.
- Lily Sugar 'n Cream (70 g/2.5 oz;109 m/120 yds)
- Lily Sugar 'n Cream (56 g/2. oz;86 m/95 yds)
- Size 5 mm (U.S. H or 8) crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge. Small amount of 00002 (Black) for embroidery of eyes.
- Ch(s) = Chain(s)
- Dc = double crochet
- hdc = half double crochet
- rem = remain(ing)
- sc = single crochet
- Sl st = Slip stitch
- st(s) = stitch(es)
Ch 2 does not count as hdc at beg of rnd.
- With MC, ch 4. Join with sl st to first ch to form a ring.
- 1st rnd: Ch 2. 8 hdc in ring. Join with sl st to first hdc.
- 2nd rnd: Ch 2. 2 hdc in first hdc and in each hdc around. Join with sl st to first hdc. 16 hdc.
- 3rd rnd: Ch 2. *2 hdc in next hdc. 1 hdc in next hdc. Rep from * around. Join with sl st to first hdc. 24 hdc.
- 4th rnd: Ch 2. *2 hdc in next hdc. 1 hdc in next hdc. Rep from * around. Join with sl st to first hdc. 36 hdc.
- 5th rnd: Ch 2. *2 hdc in next hdc. 1 hdc in each of next 2 hdc. Rep from * around. Join with sl st to first hdc. 48 hdc.
- 6th rnd: Ch 2. (2 hdc. Ch 1. 2 hdc) in same sp as sl st – shell made. *Miss next 2 hdc. Shell in next hdc. Rep from * around. Join with sl st to first hdc.
- 7th rnd: Sl st in next hdc and ch-1 sp. Ch 2. Shell in same ch- 1 sp as sl st. *Shell in next ch-1 sp. Rep from * around. Join with sl st to first hdc.
- Working back and forth in rows, proceed as follows:
- 1st row: Sl st in next hdc and ch-1 sp. Ch 2. (3 hdc. Ch 1. 3 hdc) in same ch-1 sp as sl st – Big shell made. *Big shell in next ch-1 sp. Rep from * 9 times more. Turn. Leave rem sts unworked.
- 2nd and 3rd rows: Sl st in each of next 2 hdc and ch-1 sp. Ch 2. Big shell in same ch-1 sp. *Big shell in next ch-1 sp. Rep from * to end of row. Turn. Fasten off at end of 3rd row.
- 4th row: With WS of work facing, join A with sl st to first ch 1-sp. Ch 3 (counts as dc). 7 dc in same sp as sl st. *1 sc in sp between 2 big shells. 8 dc in next ch-1 sp. Rep from * to end of row. Turn.
- 5th row: Ch 1. *1 sc in each of next 8 dc. (1 sc in sp between next 2 shells 1 row below. Ch 1) 5 times. 1 sc in same ch-1 sp as last sc. (Ch 1. 1 sc in sp between next 2 shells 1 row above) 4 times. Rep from * around. Join with sl st to first sc. Fasten off.
With B, ch 15.
- 1st row: *Sl st in 2nd ch from hook and each in each of next 5 ch. Ch 6. Rep from * once more. Sl st in 2nd ch from hook and each ch to end of ch. Fasten off.
With B, ch 6.
- 1st row: (RS). 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch to end of ch. Turn. 5 sc.
- 2nd row: Ch 1. 1 sc in each sc to end of row. Turn.
- Rep last row once more.
- Next row: Ch 1. Sc2tog over first 2 sts. 1 sc in next sc. Sc2tog over last 2 sts. Turn. 3 sts rem.
- Next row: Ch 1. Draw up a loop in each of next 3 sts. Yoh and draw through all loops on hook. Fasten off.
With C, ch 10.
- 1st row: (RS). 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each of next 4 ch. Sl st in each of last 4 ch. Fasten off.
- Sew Claws in place. Sew Beak and Waddle in place. With Black, embroider eyes, using Satin St.
To make this free crochet pattern, we recommend the following materials. You can find them for a discount at CutRateCrafts.com!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Make these super cute slippers and lounge around the house. Grandma's Knitted Slippers also make great gifts for your favorite people.… Continue reading: "Grandma's Knitted Slippersvideocam"
- Curiously Country Candle Centerpiece
- How to Make a Cornucopia
- Awesome DIY Crochet Pumpkins
- Li'l Turkey Crochet Pattern
- Lovely Thanksgiving DIY Plates
- Hanging Thanksgiving Banner
- Tips for Baking the Perfect Cookies for the Holidays
- Air Freshener Turkey Centerpiece
- DIY Crochet Turkey Dishcloth
- 30 Days of Thanks 2019
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How To Make A Kid's Apron From A Man's Shirt Sleeve
- Skylar Ribbed Singlet
- Plastic Bottle Planter
- Mermaid Slime
- No Sew Diy Mask - Duct Tape To The Rescue
- Super Easy Carrot Bunting
- Crochet Easter Bunny Egg Garland
- Ways To Disinfect Clothes & Fight The Virus
- Unisex Scrubs Pants Free Pattern
- Unmasking Diy Mask Material - Free Pattern
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home