How to Make Your Own Stamps Video Tutorial
Use clean foam trays to create your own stamps at home. Terri O used her kid's design to make stamps for cards sets for the family. Ask the butcher for clean trays and don't try to use trays that have been used. Follow the instructions and watch the video below. Use this technique to create Jumpo Stamp Art.
- Clean foam meat trays - Preferably white, it's easier to see the design
- Design idea in mind
- Acrylic paint
- Cards to stamp on
- Sponge brush
- Paper plate for paint
- Look at the bottom of the foam tray and cut out a piece that is smooth. You may want to cut 2 so you can glue them together. It makes the stamp thicker and easier to hold.
- On the smooth side draw into the foam with a pencil. Remember if you are writing a name you will have to write it backwards!
- With your sponge brush over your stamp with your paint. Less is more!
- Stamp your design onto some plain white paper to make sure you like it.
- You may need to add paint to each stamp.
- Let dry and give to someone you love.