Faux Moss Technique
Learn how to make your own fake moss with this crafting technique.
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
In the Designer's Words: "Starting out with a Mason Jar, Design Master's Sno Blast, spray paint and craft paint to make an easy faux moss surface. You can use this technique on a vase, planters, or just about anything! This technique is great for applying moss to almost any surface! "
Bringing the outdoor indoors is a gorgeous way to add some green to your living space. Some of us, however, do not have a green thumb. If you have a horrible time keeping indoor plants happy and healthy, fake it! With crafting techniques like this Faux Moss Technique, you can create greenery for your home that you do not have to worry about keeping alive. Check out this full tutorial on how to make moss and learn exactly how to combine unexpected materials to make one magical craft.
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Project TypeLearn a Technique
- Design Master's Sno Blast
- Design Master Jade Tint
- Gold Shimmer Tint
- Ceramcoat Turquoise
- Ceramcoat Dark Brown
- Ceramcoat Lime Green
- Cosmetic sponge
- Mason jar
Starting out with a mason jar, Design Master's Sno Blast, Design Master Jade Tint, and Gold Shimmer Tint. Ceramcoat Turquoise, Ceramcoat Dark Brown and Ceramcoat Lime Green.
First thing is to spray the Jade tint inside the mason jar. Let dry The spray around the bottom edge of the mason jar and up one side with the Sno Blast. Let dry.
Mix the turquoise, lime green and dark brown together.
Take a make up sponge and snip little bits out with scissors or you can use a sea sponge.
Sponge the color on the mason jar where the Sno Blast is. Spray a little Gold Shimmer Tint.
The Sno Blast will give the texture of moss growth.
Tie raffia around the top and add some beads and you are good to go. If you want to place fresh flowers inside, place a small votive candle holder inside or a shot glass to fill with water. You could also coat the inside with Dishwasher Safe Mod Podge.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Craft Glue 101: How to Choose the Best Craft Glue
- Can You Wash Craft Felt?
- Mod Podge Basics + 28 Mod Podge Crafts
- Super Easy T Shirt Yarn Project
- Does Mod Podge Dry Clear? + What To Do if It Doesn't
- How to Remove Mod Podge and Other Tips
- The Ultimate Guide for How to Decoupage
- How to Remove Hot Glue from Any Surface
- How to Knit Beading Wire on a Spool
- Mod Podge vs. Decoupage: What's The Difference?
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Knitted Scarf Patterns: 59 Free Scarf Knitting Patterns
- Moda Fabrics
- Allison Cooling
- Leather Feather Lariat Necklace
- Grape Cluster Pendant
- Quilled Rose Locket
- Gilded Paper Dangle Earrings
- Sparkle Sequin DIY Suncatcher
- Shimmer Seashell Necklace DIY
- Grow Like Flowers Adult Coloring Page
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home