Tropical Theme Teepee
The Tropical Theme Teepee from Allee Marderosian of I Love to Create is a beautiful, out-of-the-box tie dye idea, perfect for the summer! It's a fun craft the whole family can create and enjoy. See you in the backyard!
Tulip® One-Step Tie-Dye Kit™
- Tropical Twist
- Tulip Soft® Fabric Paint (Crimson Red, Grape, Hot Pink Neon, Mandarin Orange, Sunshine Yellow, Tropical Green)
- Plastic tablecloth
- Paper towels
- Foam brushes
- Sewing machine and thread
- Large faux feathers – multiple colors
- (2) Queen-size sheets – white – 100% cotton
- PVC pipes
- Tepee sewing pattern Butterick B4251
- Heavy string
- Follow sewing pattern to create tepee using two 100% cotton queen-size sheets.
- Once tepee has been created, prewash before dyeing; do not use fabric softener and do not dry.
- Cover work surface with a plastic tablecloth.
- Lay damp tepee flat on prepared work surface.
- Wearing plastic gloves from dye kit, fill dye bottles with water to lines indicated on bottles. Shake until dye is fully dissolved.
- Squeeze each color of dye onto tepee in order shown or as desired, leaving some white space in between each dye section.
- Cover with tepee with plastic tablecloth to keep damp and let set for 6 to 8 hours or longer for most intense colors.
- Rinse tepee thoroughly before washing. *Recommended: Because tepee is so large, rinse outside over the grass with a hose. Wash tepee in a large load of hottest water suitable for fabric with a small amount of laundry soap. Dry separately.
- Lay tepee flat on clean prepared surface.
- Squeeze puddles of Soft Fabric Paints onto foil. Load foam brush into one color, paint hands then press randomly onto tepee. Repeat until desired, cleaning brush in between colors. Let dry.
- Insert PVC pipes into tepee and set up. Place large feathers in PVC pip openings and tie in place with heavy string.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Summer"
Have fun in the sun with great ideas for summer crafts. These summer craft projects and simple summer crafts are a blast to do outside enjoying the weather. You can make beach crafts, flower crafts, or wearable crafts as fun summer craft activities.
There are no records