Popsicle Stick Beach Sign
Here's a fun and easy way to display your beach souvenirs: create a Popsicle Stick Beach Sign using objects you find on the beach. This popsicle stick craft from Amanda Formaro is thrifty and quick to whip up. It'll give your home a nautical vibe!
- 10 jumbo craft sticks
- Small pebbles
- Assorted shells, fish teeth and a starfish
- White craft glue
- Twine or string
- Acrylic craft paint: Sea Green and White
- Paint all of the craft sticks with Sea Green and let dry. Glue all of the craft sticks together, side by side. Do not line them up perfectly. Off set them so they appear jagged.
- Dry brush white paint over the top to give the green a washed out look, leaving some green peeking through.
- Use white craft glue to write the word BEACH in capital letters across the top of the plaque. Place small pebbles in the glue to create the letters.
- Use a paintbrush or your finger to spread white craft glue across the bottom and a few inches up both sides, then cover the glue with sand and let sit for five minutes. Tap off the excess sand.
- Glue starfish and shells along the sandy area. Glue the fish teeth in a row in the middle of the plaque.
- Fashion a simple hanger from twine and glue it to the back.
Read NextButterfly Dream Bracelet
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Jun 10, 2018
This is such a cute idea. You can repurpose some things you have, if you happen to go on vacation at or near a beach. You can gather some sand and shells and use them to make this beautiful sign to remember your vacation. We are currently on vacation near the beach in Ohio, so I think I will collect some sand and shells if we get there and make this cute sign.
Apr 26, 2018
Amazing! This is the best way to welcome summer. Popsicle crafts are fast and thrifty. You could collect these sticks or just buy a bag for your projects. I love the ocean green colour and initially I thought it was blue. I'd switch it up for a coral colour like orange, it willmakes blend in perfectly in my bathroom.
Apr 03, 2017
The addition of the sand along the bottom makes the whole thing come to life. I did not notice that in the picture. Then I read the instructions and saw it. So simple I think anybody could do it! Even kids. It is a great stormy day project for you and the family. All these items can easily be found at Michaels craft stores.
Aug 20, 2015
Love it. Do you have a video I tried and the glue makes it just buckle up
FaveCrafts Editor JL
Aug 21, 2015
Hi there, Unfortunately this project is not included on our YouTube channel but if you check out our channel (FaveCraftsVideo) you'll find tons of other great projects! - Julia from FaveCrafts
Jul 15, 2013
I love this nice idea, and I can eat all those ice-creams too _
blueangels36 56568 55
May 06, 2012
I love it! Thanks for the pattern :)
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use