Refreshing Raspberry Soap
This soap’s aroma is fleeting, but heaven to smell while washing your hands or face. The lather is smooth and silky. Follow this raspberry soap recipe from Maria Nerius.
- 4 cups grated coconut soap base
- Brown soap colorant or slivers of brown candle colorant melted in 1Tbs of carrier oil
- Hand Grater/Food Processor
- Measuring Cups
- Double Boiler/Microwave with microwavable glass measuring cup or bowl
- Molds and mold release
- Small microwavable glass cup/bowl
- Sharp knife
- 10 drops of chocolate fragrance oil (FO)
- 15 drops of raspberry essential oil or fragance oil (EO/FO)
- 5 drops of peppermint essential oil or fragance oil (EO/FO)
Grate soap base. Gather and measure all ingredients.
Prepare mold or molds.
Prepare double boiler or use microwave. You will microwave the soap base for 1 minute on a low heat setting. Continue to melt soap in 20-second intervals until completely melted.
Melt 2 cups of soap base adding the brown colorant to the mixture and chocolate FO. Stir and mix well. At the same time melt 2 cups of soap base and add the raspberry and peppermint EO/FO.
Pour uncolored soap mixture in to a simple box mold. Now pour small amounts of the brown soap in to the mixture already poured in the mold. Working quickly use a spoon or knife and swirl the brown soap. Allow to cool about an hour, remove from mold.
- The soap will be in a flat rectangular or square loaf. Cut the loaf down making several manageable bars. Place the soap bars on a drying rack. The soap may have a marbled look with brown swirled in the creamy white soap. Turn occasionally to get even drying. Allow soap to dry for a few days and then the soap is ready to use. However, conditions vary and you may have to allow more days for drying and hardening.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Soaps"
Find tons of homemade and DIY soap projects here from a range of ingredients. Become an expert in soap making with great soap tutorials. Homemade soap saves both time and money.