Ribbon and Bead Flip Flops
Use gross grain ribbon and liquid beading to create comfortable and stylish flip flops for summer. Gather some friends to embellish inexpensive flip flops together.
DecoArt Products Required
- FBL01C - Silver
- DT02 - Palette Knife
- Gross grain ribbon
- Paper towels
- Plastic squeeze bottle with spout
- Round toothpicks
- Hair dryer with low setting
- Low-temp hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Measuring tape
- Flip flops
1. Measure length of strap on one flip flop. Add 1/2" to this measurement and cut two strips of fabric 3" wide.
2. Use your fingers to fold over hem at one end of strip. Use low-temp glue gun to secure hem. Repeat for other end and on one side of strip.
3. Attach strip to strap beginning at heel end. Wrap fabric around strap and overlap hemmed end over raw edge; hot glue to secure. Continue up towards toe until whole strip is glued. Repeat steps 1-3 with other flip flop.
4. Cut two 6" lengths of ribbon and tie around center of straps tying on outside of toe strap. Trim edges.
5. With palette knife, scoop and place small dollop of Silver Beadz to side of center. Set Beadz using hair dryer on low setting for a few minutes. Repeat this process as desired. Use palette knife and toothpick to place Beadz along edges of ribbons. Set with hair dryer.
6. Allow all Beadz to dry completely.
7. Repeat steps 4-6 with other flip flop.
If you want, you can use a squeeze bottle to apply Fashion Beadz. Simply fill a squeeze bottle (with spout) using the palette knife. Cut the opening on the spout so you have at least a 1/4" opening.
Read NextGalaxy Tennis Shoes