Marbled Silk Hair Bands
Add color to plain hair bands with strips of marbled silk fabric. Lorine Mason demonstrates how with this easy sewing tutorial.
- Scraps of marbled silk fabric
- Fabric covered hair band - dollar store variety works great
- Yoyo maker - Small /optional
- Sewing machine and basic sewing supplies
- Cut a strip of silk fabric 2 inches x 30 inches wide.
- With right sides together, sew down the length of the strip using a 1/2 inch seam.
- Turn right side out using a safety pin attached to one end.
- Press the fabric tube with the seam centered.
- Fold each of the ends of the fabric tube back into itself, approximately 1/2 inch, and press.
- Insert the hair band into the fabric tube, bringing the end of the hair band to rest against the inside edge of the fabric tube.
- Using a needle and thread, stitch the end of the fabric tube closed, catching the hair band fabric in the stitches.
- Distribute the gathers of the fabric tube over the hair band and repeat stitching the opposite end closed.
- Follow the manufacturer's directions to create a yoyo using the silk fabric and attach to the side of the hair band using a needle and thread.
Read NextEasy Cosmetics Bag Pattern