Beach Sarong and Matching Flip Flops
Use your favorite fabric to create a cute matching set for the beach. This beginner sewing project can be done in one hour or less.
Materials For Sarong:
- Required fabric = your hip measurement + 36”.
- example your hip measurement = 32” + 36”= 68” or 1 7/8 yards Iron and ironing surface
- Sewing machine or heat activated adhesive tape
Instructions For Sarong:
Wash the fabric to allow for any shrinkage that might occur.
Trim off the selvage edges of the fabric. Press the rough edges on all four sides of the fabric under 1/4”. Press folded edge under 1/2”to create a hem.
- Secure the folded edges with a regular sewing machine. If you don’t sew, create a “hem” on folded edges with heat activated adhesive tape. Follow the package instructions for the heat activated adhesive tape.
Materials For Flip Flops:
- 1/4 yard fabric
- 1 pair flip flops
Instructions For Flip Flops:
Cut 1” x 9” strips of fabric.
Tie the strips in a knot around the straps of the flip flops.
- Continue to add strips alternating sides until you have the flip flop fringe as full as you choose. Trim fringe with scissors to desired length.