Fleece Zippered Stocking
Need some new Christmas stockings? Update your old, worn out ones with Coats and Clark's Fleece Zippered Stockings. An easy sewing project from Coats & Clark that you'll love!
- Coats Dual Duty Plus® All-purpose Thread
- Coats Sport Molded Closed Bottom Zipper - 7"
- Extra-wide Double Fold Bias Tape
- Double-sided Fleece Fabric
- Cut out stocking front and back from fleece.
- On the stocking front, draw a rectangle (Fig 1), ½" x 7½".
- Cut rectangle out of fleece along lines.
- Center zipper underneath cut-out. HAND BASTE around zipper, ¼" from cut edge.
- Set stitch length to 8 stitches per inch (3.5mm). Stitch around zipper, pivoting at corners.
- After installing zipper, straight stitch, zig zag or blanket stitch appliques such as snowmen, trees or toes & heels on stocking front.
- Stitch stocking front and back together.
- Encase upper edge in bias tape, folding under ends at zipper.
- Form a loop of bias tape and attach to seam of stocking for hanging.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Sewing for Christmas"
Sewing for Christmas
Find free sewing patterns for Christmas decorating or gift-giving. Find ornament sewing patterns, tree skirt sewing patterns and more.
There are no records