Holiday Cowboy Boots
Perfect for the holiday season and for the cowboy or cowgirl at home, Holiday Cowboy Boots is a wonderful, cute layout. Saddle up and start crafting this Christmas scrapbook layout from Sarah Hodsdon for Bic Markit to capture those great holiday moments.
- BIC Mark-It™ Permanent Markers (Tuxedo Black and Rambunctious Red)
- Decorative Cardstock
- Aluminum Eyelets
- Eyelet Tool or Eyelet Setter
- White Liquid Applique
- Heat Gun
- Paisley Patterned Rubber Stamp
- Ink pad
- Aluminum foil
- BIC® Ecolutions® Glue Tape
- Craft Scissors and Craft Knife – Ruler
- BIC® Mechanical Pencil
- To create a custom bandana paper, stamp paisley images onto red textured cardstock and color in parts of the pattern with Tuxedo Black and Rambunctious Red.
- Once complete, highlight the design using liquid applique. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions on the tube and let dry fully before carefully heating with a heat gun. Take care not to scorch the project or “overcook” the applique. Please be sure to follow the directions and heed any warnings provided by the heat gun manufacturer.
- Outline the bandana piece with the Tuxedo Black for effect. Measure out about an inch on the bottom border to create a fringe. Sketch vertical lines in Rambunctious Red and Tuxedo Black to emulate a fringe look. Once done drawing the fringe, carefully use craft scissors to actually cut the fringe across the bottom border.
- Using a ruler, mark the top border of the bandana piece at ½ inch intervals. Use the cropadile or eyelet setting tools, create holes and set eyelets across the entire top border. Layer the finished bandana border onto a piece of green cardstock and then again over a coordinating decorative background Layer your prepared piece over the textured faux leather looking decorative paper.
- Glue photos to your layout.
- Arrange feather above the center image.
- Using a scrap piece of paper, carefully cut out a star shape and cover it with aluminum foil. Using Tuxedo Black and Rambunctious Red, decorate the star and glue it over the feathers.
Read NextDouble Page Lucy Layout
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.