Daytime Story Quilt
Bring sunshine and smiles to any nursery or young child's room with this adorable quilt. Soft book panels are the central feature of this nursery quilt pattern.
- 1 Bazooples Day Soft Book Panel, CP 27646
- 2¾ yards Bazooples Tossed Animals, CP 27643
- 1¾ yards Bazooples Square Patch, CP 27639
- 1½ yards Bazooples Butterfly A/O, CP 27645
- Crib-size Batting
- Basic Sewing Supplies
From the Soft Book panel:
- Cut nine 7½” X 10½” rectangles, centering a design in each rectangle.
From the Tossed Animals print:
- Cut eight 2½” X Width of Fabric (WOF) strips.
- From these eight strips, cut four 2½” X 25½” strips for the horizontal sashing strips and cut six 2½” X 10½” strips for the interior vertical sashing strips and two 2½” X 38½” strips for the exterior vertical sashing strips.
- Cut five 2¼” X WOF strips for the binding.
- Use the remaining fabric for the backing – cut one 44” X 54”.
From the Square Patch print:
- Cut two 3” X 44” strips centered lengthwise over design as shown in illustration, for the inner border sides.
- Cut two 3” X 30” strips centered horizontally over design as shown in illustration, for the top and bottom inner border.
From the Butterfly A/O print:
- Cut two 3½” X 50” strips from length of fabric for the side outside borders.
- Cut two 3½” X 35” strips from length of fabric for the top and bottom outside borders.
- Starting and ending with one 7½” X 10½” Book Panel, sew together three book panels and two 2½” X10½” sashing strips to make one row. Repeat to make three pieced rows.
- Starting and ending with one 2½” X 25½” horizontal sashing strip, sew together the three pieced rows from Step 1 and four 2½” X 25½” sashing strips to make the quilt top.
- Sew one 2½” X 38½” exterior vertical sashing strip to each side of the quilt top.
- Sew one 3” X 30” Square Patch strip to the top and bottom of the quilt top.
- Sew one 3” X 44” Square Patch strip to each side of the quilt top.
- Sew one 3½” X 35” Butterfly A/O strip to the top and bottom of the quilt top.
- Sew one 3½” X 50” Butterfly A/O strip to each side of the quilt top.
- Layer, quilt and bind as desired.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Quilting"
Various featured quilting projects and quilting patterns for advanced quilters and beginner quilt makers. Also includes helpful tips and information on Adding Names to Quilts, How to Restore Quilt Fabric, Storage Tips for Quilters, and Unexpected To