Wish Upon a Star Gift Tag
It makes no difference who you are, this Wish Upon a Star Gift Tag is sure to make your Christmas holiday merry and bright. Made by cutting a star shape out of foam with a metal cookie cutter, this project is easy and functional, and a great way to get the kids in on the crafting fun. Even if you don't want to make these handmade gift tags, you could cut enough stars to string a garland or even make your own DIY handmade ornaments. Feel free to decorate the stars with more embellishments, including glitter or more fun charms or accents. You could even personalize the stars by adding the initials of the receiver right onto the star. One thing's for sure, you're going to thank your lucky stars you have this project in your collection this holiday season!
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Primary TechniqueGeneral Crafts
- FloraCraft® Make It: Fun® Foam
- Sheet: ½” x 12” x 12”
- Craft Paper Gift Tag
- Acrylic Paint: Satin Cream
- Bakers Twine: Cream/Natural
- Small Gold Charm
- Metal Cookie Cutter: Star
- Low-Temp Glue Gun
- Paint Brush
Check out this project and other great DIY Christmas crafts in our free eBook 20 Easy DIY Holiday Projects!
- Firmly press the cookie cutter completely through the foam. Remove the cutter and gently press out the shape. Use a scrap piece of foam as a sanding block to smooth away any rough edges.
- Paint the star cream and let dry. Use the bakers twine to tie the charm around the star. Glue the star to the gift tag. Tie the tag to the gift with the twine.