Holiday Frame Trio
Those special holiday photos will shine all the more in this trio of colorful painted frames.
DecoArt Products Required
Americana Gloss Enamels
- DAG67 - Black --- NEW!!
- DAG230 - Festive Green --- NEW!!
- DAG234 - Calypso Blue --- NEW!!
- DAG235 - Citron Green --- NEW!!
- DAG276 - Razzle Berry --- NEW!!
- #8 shader brush
- #0 liner brush
- Water container
- Palette or plastic plate
- Paper towels
- Cosmetic sponges
- 3" x 5" piece of paper
- Painter's tape
- Round sponge pouncer
- Craft glue
- 4" x 6" frames (2)
- 5" x 7" frame (1)
Remove glass from frame. Clean glass with alcohol and dry well with paper towel or soft cloth.
- Use tape to mask 1" strip on each side of 4" x 6" frame.
- Use cosmetic sponge and Calypso Blue to pounce color inside strips. Remove tape immediately.
- Place "noel" pattern under glass and secure with tape.
- Use #8 shader brush and Razzle Berry to paint lettering.
- Use pouncer and Citron Green to stamp dots on Calypso Blue strips.
- Use tape to mask off bands on 4" x 6" frame, referring to photo for placement.
- Use cosmetic sponge to dab Razzle Berry on top section and Calypso Blue on bottom section.
- Use pouncer and Festive Green to stamp dots on top section.
- Use liner brush and Citron Green to paint "JOY".
- Use brush handle end and Black to dot lettering.
- Center 3"x 5" piece of paper on 5" x 7" glass. Secure underneath with loop of tape.
- Use cosmetic sponge to apply Citron Green on border.
- Use liner brush and Razzle Berry to make starburst lines. Repeat randomly with Calypso Blue and Festive Green.
- Use brush handle end to dot starbursts with contrasting colors. Dot border with Citron Green.
- Position and adhere rhinestones in starburst centers.
Let dry between steps and/or additional coats.