Shaggy-Dog Story Book
Whether you want to make creative homemade greeting cards or you're looking for a way to honor your furry friend, this Shaggy-Dog Story Book from Candace Jedrowicz is a great way to write a story and craft. From these instructions, you'll learn how to create a story and craft an accompanying book with it. You'll love how this mishmash of materials looks next to each other from page to page. A pet craft like this one is a great way to celebrate your pup's birthday and document their adventures in a funny way.
- Aleene's Tacky Line Runner
- Aleene's Tacky Glue Pen
- Sizzix Originals - Album Cover & Page Die (or hand cut pages)
- Cardboard for the book covers
- Card stock for the pages and to cover the cardboard covers
- Decorative card stock
- Photos and/or drawings
- Printed story
- Embellisments - gems, tag board bits, letters, fibers and charms
- Felt pen to edge the pages
- 20 Gauge wire
- Round nose pliers
- Chain nose pliers
- Wire cutters
Cut 2 covers and several pages. Print the story with plenty of space to cut out the words and phrases.
Cover the cardboard book covers with decorative paper using the Tacky Line Runner. Tape pages back to back, as well.
Edge the cover and pages with black felt pen.
Lay out the story and photos in order. Cut backing for the photos from complementary papers. Be sure to leave space for the buttons which will line up with the spine holes on the front of each page. Decide the placement of your embellishments.
Tape photos and backing onto the pages.
Glue on buttons and embellishments.
- Cut 3 6" pieces of wire. Feed one wire through each set of spine holes. Use the round nose pliers to wrap spirals on each end of wire, wrapping right up to the book. The wire allows the book to open and close easily.