Dog Treat Jar
Give man's best friend his own Dog Treat Jar with enamel paint paw prints. These jars are cute and easy craft projects for dogs, and will surely bring a smile to your pet's face!
DecoArt Products Required
Americana Gloss Enamels
- DAG67 - Black --- NEW!!
- DAG164 - Light Buttermilk --- NEW!!
- DAG265 - Tuscan Red --- NEW!!
- DBR2004-B - Round 4
- DBF3010-B - Shader 10
- Foam plate
- 1/4" and 3/4" round foam pouncer brushes
- Glass snack jar (We used a jar by Komodo Intl., item TP-7SL.)
Preparation: Remove all stickers or labels from surfaces.
- Refer to photo for placement and use large pouncer dipped into Black to paint large paws on each flat side of jar.
- Use small pouncer and Black to stamp four small dots by each large one.
- With shader brush, paint Light Buttermilk lines for center of bones. Use small pouncer and Light Buttermilk to stamp two dots on each end to complete bone shapes.
- Use round brush and Tuscan Red to paint heart at center of bones and paw prints; let dry.
Read NextDiy Rescue Dog Blanket
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Feb 22, 2017
Please include the link where we can purchase these jars. Thanks and so cute!
Feb 23, 2017
Hi there! I had trouble finding one exactly like this, but you could use an oversized mason jar like this one: https://www.amazon.com/PETMATE-MASON-TREAT-JAR-150OZ/dp/B00LHHHU1W/ref=pd_day0_199_8?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=HCBHC2XPSQHA65EMXW7T I hope that helps! -Dana from FaveCrafts
Oct 14, 2016
Super cute! Great idea that I want to try out. We never had a special jar for the treats before.
Sep 04, 2016
These would make wonderful gifts filled with dog biscuits! I have some family and friends that either don't have children or their children are adult and out of the house but have pets that are greatly loved and part of the family. Instead of giving them a gift that I may have chosen which doesn't exactly fit them, I know they would love and appreciate a gift for their pets instead! I've seen many cute jars at the dollar stores that would work for this! thanks for the idea!
Nov 25, 2010
Thats great and cute. I used an old large cookie jar.
Apr 29, 2010
Great job and idea wonderful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ) ) ) )
Jan 15, 2010
This is really neat and very easy to do , thanks .
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use